Since several years editing softwares can Proxy transcode all imported native Media. It makes things simpler.
The key benefits is that each timeline’s clips has 2 sources : Proxy Media & Native Media.
- Transcoding happens during classify & review the clips
- Media doesn’t need huge storage ➧ 1 simple Hard Drive is enough
- Media have a low Bandwidth ➧ 1 simple Hard Drive is enough
- Native Media (complex) are ONLY used for final Export
- Color grading on Proxys media is a nonsense
With 2 software, it has no interest, too unbalanced between the CPU horsepower needed for Editing and Color grading.